Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last English Class in YenZhou

I have been teaching the Bible in English at a church in YenZho. Its a little village next to the fishing town of Donggang. It is famous as the poorest village in all of Taiwan. The church there is great and the Pastor, Abraham, is a joy to work with. This year I am ending my classes there after two years teaching. I need to focus on my master's degree and there is a new missionary actually living in that area who will take over the class for me. This year's party at the end of class was extra special because one of the students owned a bakery!

I will miss this gang.  But I am sure I will see them.  Pastor Abraham is one of Sandy's students at college and I promised that I would come visit sometimes next term.
-The Haggard

No comments: